When the alarm goes off and you feel as if you’ve only just got into bed and now you have to get out of it again, it’s hard to put one foot in front of the other never mind remember the being of shining light that you truly are. Hard to feel it through sleepy eyes, dry throat and the cat circling your legs demanding food but you are, you always are even when you feel a million miles away from it.
Here’s the thing; you’re human. It’s a shock sometimes but when you admit to it you leave space to get on and do what you’re here to do without beating yourself up for being anything less than holy all of the time. But what are you here to do and how do you find out?
You will already know, it’s admitting to it that’s the hard bit and as you go forward you will wonder why you didn’t do it earlier! You will more than likely go through the following stages:
- You know there’s more.
Work is going fine, you pay the bills and do what you have to do but you’re feeling unfulfilled, like something is missing.
- You ask your friends.
Do you think there’s more to life than this? Do you ever feel as if you have another purpose, a higher role?
- You read a self-help book.
Actually it’s not self-help, it’s someone else helping you, just not being there as you read their words or listen to their advice.
- You begin to see things differently.
What was once important isn’t so important anymore, some people will leave your life and not always quietly.
- Like-minded souls will gravitate towards you.
As your light changes you will attract those who see it, share it, they will naturally come to you and you to them.
- New experiences shared.
A route will open up and when you take it new experiences will prove what you suspected all along; life is an illusion. You can choose to be and do what you want.
- As you burn brighter people are attracted to your light.
The hard part of standing up is standing out; you will be tested so that you can shine even brighter and find your true calling.
- Is it all worth it?
Doubt is part of the process, a dark night of the soul or two will come your way and it will temper you, make you stronger than ever. Welcome doubt.
- Shining bright.
Nothing can shake you, you know what you know and your knowledge will make your life easier as you take control of it. Sit in the center of your light.
- And repeat.
The cycle goes around as you step up another level.
I studied the Qabalah for almost eleven years, throughout that time I repeated this process over and over again, refining my own ideas of who I was and what I wanted. And I have continued to do so and it’s now over twenty years since I first walked through the doors of the organisation that taught me Qabalah and still I continue.
Every time your vibration is raised new people come towards you, every time you make a choice from your higher self you will have more questions and a desire to test yourself even further, and every time you see someone happier because of something you’ve helped them with you will want to do it again.
It’s your role to help your ‘self’ and then to turn back and help someone behind you who in turn should turn back and help someone else. It’s been the same for centuries and it’s why the Masters, Spirit Guides and Angelic Beings turn back; to help us grow.
Here’s a meditation to help you see the beauty of who you truly are.
- Perform your usual protection/sacred space cleansing.
- Sit comfortably.
- Breathe in for the count of four seconds, hold it for two, let it out for four and hold at the bottom for two. Repeat until you feel calm, relaxed and ready to let go.
- Visualise yourself in a forest. See the trees, birds, sky. Be there, smell it, taste it, hear it. Be part of it.
- You will come to a clearing, beautifully kept with flowers around the border and at the far end a magnificent oak tree, its branches filled with jeweled leaves, a living breathing tree. The tree of life.
- Walk along the path that’s before you, if an animal guide appears welcome them and let them guide you.
- Its vibration will fill the space, it will envelope the clearing you’re now standing in and as it does take note of how your body reacts. Feel the tree’s pure vibration pulsing through you. Hold up your hands and arms, see them vibrate and change, change to show your light body. The true you.
- Your entire body fills with this beautiful light but only for a short while to start with. The vibration of the tree pulls back into its branches, leaving you feeling positive, sure of yourself and confident in your life’s purpose.
- Take a moment; sit in the peace around you in that clearing and when you’re ready move into the forest.
- Say farewell to your animal guide, let them fade along with the forest and bring your attention back to the here and now.
- Wiggle your fingers and toes.
- When you’re back in the room give thanks for the journey and pop the kettle on, cup of tea and a biscuit to ground yourself properly.
- When you’re ready, write up your experience in your journal, putting in any more information that comes to you whilst you do it.
You are a shining light. Blessed Be.
With successful television appearances on programmes such as Your Stars, Jane Goldman Investigates, Big Brother, Fame Academy, RI:SE, GMTV, Heaven on Earth and Most Haunted, David Wells is a popular household name within the paranormal genre. He is an outstanding astrologer, past life therapist, author, teacher and presenter whose unique sense of humour and vibrant personality captivates audiences far and wide.
To contact David or to find out about his books, please visit his website at www.davidwells.co.uk.
This article was first published in the Dec 2011 issue of inSpirit Magazine.
inSpirit Magazine, spiritual solutions for soul centered living.
inSpirit Magazine is published quarterly and available from our website here.